peteroznewman
Subscriber

Hello Suresh,

The applied pressure in my model was 1E-5 MPa and that took 185 iterations to converge.

You want a pressure of 0.25 MPa which is 25,000 times larger. I haven’t looked at your model, but did you try just doubling the pressure to 2E-5 MPa in step 2?  I expect that will converge in less than 185 iterations.  If it does, you can double that again and do 4E-5 MPa in step 3. You only have to keep doubling 15 times to exceed 0.25 MPa.

If you take this approach, you should configure the Analysis Settings, Restart Controls to be able to restart the analysis from the last step and to not delete the files when the analysis is complete. Then you also need to know how to restart from the last step. If you don’t do that, then the solver will start from the beginning each time, which would be a waste of time.

Another way to save time is to increase the element size. You could double the size of the elements without much harm to the quality of the results. That will reduce the size of the model by a factor of 4 with a corresponding reduction in solution time.

The corners are 144 mm above the fixed surface. In my solution, the corners moved 17.8 mm. If the model was linear, you would only need to double the load 3 times to get to 144 mm. The model is nonlinear so it may take more than that, but once the corner has a positive contact pressure, do you need to add any more pressure?

Regards,
Peter