jabanto
Ansys Employee

Hello Jose

My understanding is that you performed several simulations on the profile by rotating the mesh in the preprocessor with an angle representing the angle of attack. I assume when you said 'rotating the mesh' you actually rotated the geometry and mesh it, so you remeshed the geometry if you used Workbench. This is a good approach to estimate CL=f(alpha), or CD=g(alpha) compared to the traditional way by defining the boundary conditions at the inlet by velocity components or by direction vector. I think you want to get a table or plot of CD, or CL, or CM versus angle of attack. Unfortunately you can get such table or plot only manually running Fluent in standalone mode, outside workbench. In order to get that table or plot in a more automatic way you can use Fluent in workbench with parameterization, where the angle of attack (alpha) is a geometry parameter, and by defining a Table of Design Points in Workbench, the aerodynamic coefficients, output parameters from Fluent, will be transferred to workbench to complete the Table of Design Points. This methodology however requires a remeshing process in ANSYS Meshing, but I think this is what you did. The other possibility (more efficient) is, keeping the same mesh, you could define an input parameter to rotate the mesh in Fluent, however this option is not supported yet as a regular feature.

I hope this helps.

Juan Abanto, ANSYS customer support