peteroznewman
Subscriber

Filip,

That's great that you made a special cube model to study the material properties! I've been doing that myself. There is an improvement you can make. Delete the Fixed Support and replace it with a zero Z displacement support, then supplement that with a zero Y displacement support on the face normal to the Y axis, and a zero X displacement support on the face normal to the X axis.  Now when you apply a displacement on the face opposite the zero Z face, the cube is free to expand and contract due to the Poisson's Ratio.

You can't get the plot you want inside ANSYS. You have to do some manual labor to get it to come out the way you want. The example I show below is for this material. I made the modulus ten times more flexible so the slopes are not so steep on the plots.

I then applied the following displacement time history to the face on cube that is 112.4 mm long.

I requested the Normal Stress, the Elastic Strain and the Equivalent Plastic Strain, shown below.

Notice that the last plot, Equivalent Plastic Strain, doesn't look like the others. That is because equivalent results are always positive, but to make your plot, we need signed plastic strain.  Maybe one of the ANSYS members who knows more than me will tell us the result to use, but I just manually flip the plastic strain to the opposite side by multiplying the hump that should go down by -1.  Then I get a signed plastic strain.

Add this to the elastic strain to get a signed Total Strain.  Now you can plot the Stress vs signed Total Strain.

You can show your appreciation by clicking Like below the posts that are helpful.

Regards,

Peter