I have a model that achieves the full deformation.

I made many changes. I unsuppressed the SOLSH190 sweeps, I flipped the Contact/Target definition on the Rod to the Pane, I reduced the contact stiffness, I increased the mesh density, I split the solution into two steps because the first portion could take large time steps, and the second portion needed small time steps. On the back edge face, I changed from Frictionless support and one vertex fixed to just the whole back edge face fixed.

It finished in 611 iterations.  I lost the exact displacement, so I used 1200 mm. If you want the exact, put that in before you hit solve.

An ANSYS 19.1 archive is attached.