yanivVK
Subscriber

Hello Mr. Newman,

Thank you for your reply. 

1) Replacing the spherical joints with the Universal joint prevented the Y axis rotation. Thank you for the suggestion. The Reference coordinate system worked on its own to match the coordinate axes perfectly. 

2) Adding a frictional contact still results in the solution being unsolved. We can add only a forced frictional contact in the RBD solver. Also, I couldn't add a contact tool in the RBD. So, I couldn't check the initial status. 

I tried with a friction coefficient of 0.1 and a Pinball radius of 0.2. There was no solution in this case and from the Solution info I got the following warning 

*** Warning:

None of the LCP solvers succeeded, Abort computation.

No set of active contact stops can satisfy all the constraint equations. Solve cannot proceed

Solve failed 

Error found at time 1.377963e-04

Solution terminated before normal completion

I got the same error with a Pinball radius of 0.5 as well. 

When I increase the friction coefficient slightly to 0.15, keeping the pinball radius the same, I get multiple warning messages and the solver fails.

No node exists for the spring mesh reference: Left Spring.

No element exists for the spring mesh reference: Left Spring. Results cannot be evaluated for this spring.

No node exists for the spring mesh reference: Far Spring.

No element exists for the spring mesh reference: Far Spring. Results cannot be evaluated for this spring.

etc

At this point I still don't know how to prevent the springs and spherical joint from penetrating into other surfaces during the dynamic analysis' last steps. 

Also, I wanted to ask you which RBD software do you use or recommend if ANSYS RBD is not the way to go?