lbskw
Subscriber

Hi, 

thank you for your answer again,

I just take some time to confirm what you written,

1. In the Student version I have at home, Polyflow caps for meshes bigger than 100k cells. If the mesh is bigger than 100k, Workbench allows me to mesh, to do all the Set Up in Polyflow and only when I run the solver that it caps. It informs in a message that the mesh exceeds the limit of the version. 

2. I went to the University and confirmed that they have full version in a specific lab, in which I performed again all the same steps. In this lab they run very large problems without any limitation. For my solution described above, I receive the same error message. This error message appears when I try to save the Set Up file. In other words, I even can't run the solver because no file is saved.

This indicates that the problem is not the software version. 

The geometry I'm simulating, if I cut it to a quarter in size, can ben saved in Polyflow without the error message (400k elements), and run in the solver. On the other hand, the entire geometry can't be saved, with the above mentioned error,

So the question would be if this parameter MAXDAT can be put somewhere

Below I'm sending two images. The first shows the message when using a capped version. The second I don't know if helps, but shows the version running in the University.

1. The Student version Error (Version limit)

1 - Student Version

2. The University Version

University Version