Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

18.1 needed asap

• Bigal
      Subscriber
      The University I attend (Sheffield Hallam) will not update there software version of an ansys from 18.1 to the latest available.

Due to this any work I do at home on 18.2 or above won't work at uni.
      Can someone please link me to an 18.1 software version to download please.
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

For students only version above 18.2 are offered. Please see link below. 

https://www.ansys.com/en-in/academic/free-student-products?utm_source=studentcommunity&utm_campaign=studentcommunity&utm_content=Studentproduct&utm_source=studentcommunity&utm_campaign=studentcommunity&utm_content=Studentproduct

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Are you wanting to use Fluent or Mechanical? For the former I suggested how to move files between versions when I gave the training in September. 

• Bigal
      Subscriber
      Fluent I believe. It's for NACA 0012 and 0065.

I have done work at university then brought it home added more work and saved the file and now it just won't run at university.

Hope you can help, thank you
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee

You can pass the mesh and CAD back to R18.1 case files might read via Fluent Meshing if it's 3d? Jonny and I did warn the attendees at the training in September that this could happen. 

• Mustapha
      Subscriber

I am working on a project for University at the moment, and the course where i am learning use ANSYS 18.1.

I tried to download the older version from the site but unfortunately it wasn't there. only the new version is there

Is it possible to download 18.1 ?

Thanks a lot. 

Your prompt reply is highly appreciated. 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

You should request the installation media for 18.1 from the University.

The Student License for 18.1 is no longer provided on this site.

• Mustapha
      Subscriber

Sir, so you mean that there is no other place I can find that version of Ansys ..

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

No. Ask the University what you should do. They should upgrade to ANSYS 2019 R3 then students can download the latest version from here.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.