Ansys Products

Ansys Products

19.2 geometry not able to attach

• Lindsay
      Subscriber

Hello,

I just installed 19.2, and have made a simple geometry that I was trying to open in mesh (using Fluent). However, I get this error. Can someone please help? I was using similar geometries in 19.1 and could open them - so I would be surprised if there is anything that could be changed with that.

Thank you!

• dsurendr
      Ansys Employee

Hello Lindsay,

Can you please make sure to close the geometry editors - Spaceclaim or DesignModeler and then try opening Fluent?

Thank you.

• Lindsay
      Subscriber

Oh yeah, I did double check that. Sorry I forgot to mention it. So that isn't the problem either.

Thank you!

• Lindsay
      Subscriber

I created the geometry in DM, I just made a new Fluent Stand alone system and thought I would try making it in spaceclaim, and I got the following message. Not sure if it's related, but thought I would mention it in case it is and gives any clues.

Thanks!

• dsurendr
      Ansys Employee

Thank you Lindsay, can you please check C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingwinx64 (or your installation path) and see if you have a folder called update in there?

If so, please copy the contents of this update folder and paste them into the winx64 folder (which is one level before the update folder).

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Lindsay,

Do you have the exact same Project Schematic for Workbench 19.1 (which works) and Workbench 19.2 (with this issue) ?

If so, try this.

Close all ANSYS applications.

Open CMD Prompt, then copy and paste the following command

copy %appdata%ansysv191licensinglicense.preferences.xml %appdata%ansysv192licensinglicense.preferences.xml 

Thank you,

Win

• Lindsay
      Subscriber

There actually isn't a folder called update in there . Am I missing that, and that's causing the problem?

Thank you!

• Lindsay
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

when I copied the command into cmd prompt, it returns

The system cannot find the file specified.

Thank you!

• dsurendr
      Ansys Employee

Thank you for trying that Lindsay, the update folder is not supposed to be there.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Lindsay,

I just realized that I told you to do this in 19.1

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/licensing-error-while-opening-ansys-mechanical/?order=all#comment-a4088544-ff50-449c-9e3d-a92d015ed6e0

Can you do the same thing for 19.2 and see if it helps with this issue ?

Thank you,

Win

• Lindsay
      Subscriber

That did it Win!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Perfect ! Thank you for the update Lindsay.

Win

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.