September 23, 2022 at 9:35 amChris MathewSubscriber
I am currently working in the field of photonic sensors. I am creating a 1D periodic crystal structure and calculating transmission spectra. I have used alternate layers of SiO2 and Si respectively, with an air cavity in between.For this structure which source should I use?Also, if I want to obtain the transmission spectra for this, which monitor should I use and what should be the boundary conditions?The details are mentioned below in jpg format. Thank you for your kind support in advance.
September 23, 2022 at 8:05 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
It seems you are new to FDTD?
if so, please take some online courses in ALH for paid customers with registration: https://www.ansys.com/services/ansys-learning-hub
there are some open videos online: https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/sections/360007813194-FDTD100-List-of-videos
You will need to use mode source (usually the first mode, but you need to know which mode to use), PML bcs, Frequency-domain power monitors.
You will also need to make sure the length is the grating is "infinitely" over vertical direction, or small such as around 1um.
Please try to get some information from the videos and online explanations. If you have questions regarding to source, BCs, monitors please write a separate post for each of them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.