December 12, 2018 at 10:22 ambhanu34Subscriber
Does anybody know what exactly 2.5-dimensional analysis is in FEM analysis?
December 12, 2018 at 6:15 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
A quick search on google tells me that in addition to the two in-plane degrees of freedom (DOFs) per node conventionally used for plane strain elements, an extra DOF is introduced to account for the out-of-plane. This sounds like an axi-symmetric analysis to me. Please look in the verification manuals for some examples.
Guidelines on the Student Community
December 13, 2018 at 6:49 ambhanu34Subscriber
Thanks for the reply
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Cannot apply load on node
- Colors and Mesh Display