General Mechanical

General Mechanical

2 way Fluid strcuture Interaction ( Blade excitation using Air jets )

• mohammedlaminemekhalfia
      Subscriber

Dear Ansys users.

Well, I am working on a 3D fluid-structure interaction problem, my problem consist of a 3D twisted blade excited by air jets though a pipe of 8 mm diameter ( a step function of 1 bar amplitude) using a profile

The workbench is set to (transient + fluent) workstation as the parameters are as follow
      ---- Transient settings:

for the fixed suppot:

System coupling interface

------- Fluent side

-------- SC parameters

Duration control: 2s

Step control:  0.0005 time step size

Coupling Interface: One set to fluent  at blade_wall (System coupling region)

Two  set to transient system coupling region

Data transfer  Dispolacement/force

Relaxation factor to 0.5

Convergence target 0.01

The questions

•  after finishing the simulation , I plot the displacement versus time at the tip of the blade

I was expecting a step, but the ramp at the edge, this I could not find reason why!!!!
      The following was ploted from 1 way FSI using external data:

•  The second issue, when I used system coupling GUI and launch the solution, the number of folvers set only to 1 which cause a big processing time even that I reset the values mannually to a higher solver numbers both in transient and fluent and the number of licences is available, yet the problem occurs
    • Rahul Mule
      Ansys Employee

Hi ,

Try with the end time step input same as in System Coupling setup and set Autotime Stepping to Off, Define by Substeps, No. of substeps = 1.

And also check in SyC setup under Data Transfer whether Ramping option set to linear for either Force/Displacement data transfer.

Hope this helps you.!

Regards

Rahul

Subscriber

@Rahul Mule Thanks for the reply.

I made the following change:

The end time step input same as in System Coupling setup

Autotime Stepping to Off

Define by Substeps

No. of substeps = 1

Ramping option set to linear for both Force/Displacement data transfer

• Rahul Mule
      Ansys Employee

Hi, 

Try keeping other settings as it is and change the ramping option to none. 

Regards,

Subscriber

okey, also I have problem in launching the SYSTEM COUPLING GUI using the  Command line. I could not register the project in a Command line format as when exporting it does not give the adequate format to export under it which does not permit changing the number of process and this lead to a huge compuational time just for small problem like that.

I will try to perform it and return to you with updates

Thanks a lot

• Rahul Mule
      Ansys Employee

Hi Mohammed,

Please refer Using the System Coupling Command-Line Interface (CLI) (ansys.com) to launch System Coupling using the command line.

Hope this helps you!!

Regards,

Subscriber

I am using ANSYS 2021 R1 unfortunatly the refered resource does adapt to my work, I went through the  guide but nothing work

• Rahul Mule
      Ansys Employee

Hi, 

You can also find the help for 2021 R1. Please refer for 2021R1 version. Getting Help in the System Coupling CLI (ansys.com)

Please share the commands that you are using.

Regards,

Subscriber

I reperformed the analysis with the same parameters except the I put the ramping option to non but still the result did not change.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.