Fluids

Fluids

2-Way FSI multiphase fluid domain error

• Tolga
      Subscriber
      Hello everyone,nnI have a problem with multiphase 2-Way FSI sloshing analysis. I am trying to define half of the drawn shape with kerosene liquid and rest with air. I need to see the results for 9 different designs. I connected ansys with another optimization software and by using that software, I am defining dimensions for those different design points. Once the process is completed for defined domains etc., with a proper time step, I realize that 2nd domain disappers like never defined before. Can you help me to solve this problem?.Regards,nnTolga. n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nWhat software are you using? What is your driving dimension? Are you changing the length scales of your computational domain? nCan you share details on how you have set-up this in WB? Embedding screenshots into the post might help.nAlso, in which tool do you see that your computational domain disappears?nKarthikn
    • Tolga
      Subscriber
      nThank you for your answer and sorry being late. I am planning to use ModeFrontier as an optimization solver. I am changing the length and thicknes of the baffle which you can see from screenshot. I checked the results from CFD-Post and also took screenshot of it.Thanks in advance,nnTolga.nn
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nHow did you create the Volume Fraction rendering in the CFD post? In CFD Post, are you able to plot a contour of Volume Fraction on any YZ plane and do you see your data appearing?nAlso, are you just looking at the initial data or the final simulation run results?nThank you.nKarthikn
    • Tolga
      Subscriber
      Normally I can create Volume Fraction from Volume rendering. Once I reset System coupling setup, clear generated data from System coupling solution and initialized the setup again, I reached the solution without any problem. Also, I need every data from t=0 to final time to visualize the results.Thanks in advance. n
    • Stephen Orlando
      Ansys Employee
      please have a look at this discussion for info on how to initialize VOF cases for System Coupling. https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/22971/fsi-volume-of-fluid-calculations-not-patching-the-water-phase#latestnWhat does the Kerosene Volume Fraction contour plot for the final results in Fluent Post Processing look like?n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nCould you please check if you have initialized your case properly by looking at the contours of Volume Fraction in Fluent Post-processing? Are you seeing these contours properly in Fluent? If you do the same thing in CFD post, you are no longer seeing these contours. Is this the case?nI'm trying to understand if this is a CFD post or initialization issue.nKarthikn
    • Tolga
      Subscriber
      nIn Fluent interface, Kerosene Volume Fraction is seen as the first screenshot but once the calculation process is done via System Coupling, CFD Post says that Kerosene Volume Fraction is 0 (As seen from the third screenshot) at all fluid domain which is meaningless because defined and initialized it from Fluent before I run the simulation.nnThank you for your help. I will take a look at that discussion and let you know if I've reached the solution or not.Thank you both for your help.nn
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.