Fluids

Fluids

2 Way FSI setup error

• itsme_tilak
      Subscriber

I am trying to learn 2 Way FSI and I am new to system coupling. When I try to update the setup, the following error always prompts, and it stops the calculation. Please help me to solve this case. Thanks in advance.

• Rahul Mule
      Ansys Employee

Hi Tilak, 

Which Dynamic mesh method you  are using? Please share some inputs.

Regards,

Rahul

• itsme_tilak
      Subscriber

While encountering this error, I used smoothing and remeshing with the default parameters and wall as system coupling. But with remeshing, I was told that node exceeded the limit. And in another setting, I only selected smoothing with diffusion parameter 3 and considered volume as deforming, but now I am getting a new error in the simulation process which goes as follows: 

Please help me out. 

• Rahul Mule
      Ansys Employee

Hi Tilak,

Try with reduced value of diffusion parameter (1.5-2) and increase the maximum number of iterations (e.g 50). And along with volume, check settings for walls which need to be set as deforming. Which mesh you are using ? (tet, prism/poly?) 

Hope this helps you!!

Regards, 

Rahul

• itsme_tilak
      Subscriber

I am using quad mesh for both transient structural and Fluent. After changing the parameters based on your suggestion, the calculation runs up to 5 iterations and still prompts errors which go as follows:

i. Update failed for the Solution component in System Coupling.  The coupled update for system Fluid Flow (Fluent) threw an exception. Update Solution Failed

ii. (DP 0) A solver failure occurred during the run in the Fluid Flow (Fluent) system

iii. (DP 0) An unknown error occurred during solution.  Check the Solver Output on the Solution Information object for possible causes.

iv. (DP 0) Error when making a remote call to participant Solution 3.  Please do not save the project if you would like to recover to the last saved state.

v. (DP 0) Update-Dynamic-Mesh failed. Negative cell volume detected.

• Rahul Mule
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

I would recommend you to go through the ANSYS Help Manual.

https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/Views/Secured/corp/v222/en/sysc_ug/sysc_ug.html

This will give a good insight into the basic settings required for the FSI problem.

Regards,

Rahul

• itsme_tilak
      Subscriber

Thanks. 

Do you know what is the Customer Number for ANSYS Student software? 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.