Fluids

Fluids

2019 R3 UDF in 2021 version

• fmazze
      Subscriber

Hello Mr./Ms.,

We are trying to use some UDF that were developed for the 2019 R3 version in the new 2021 version.

When opening the case file in the new version that are multiple warnings, especially those related to the usage of header files. Do you know if some adjustments are needed to adapt the UDF to the new ansys versions?

The UDF are used in our case to define a multispecies UDRGM and other properties. We would like to attach the cas file and UDF to this request.

Thank you very much

Best wishes

Federico

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      What are the warnings?
    • fmazze
      Subscriber
      Good Morning Rob
      Sorry for the late reply
      So, as mentioned, our case involves a multispecies UDRGM with properties of the fluids defined via lookup tables.
      After loading the case into the 2021 version we get the following message:
      You can execute multiphase default changes for an old case file via the following text command:
      solve/set/multiphase-numerics/default-controls

We don't know exactly what that means.

Also, when loading the UDFs we get the following warnings, which may be important:

cl : Command line warning D9024 : unrecognized source file type '..\..\src\interpolate.h', object file assumed
      cl : Command line warning D9027 : source file '..\..\src\interpolate.h' ignored
      cl : Command line warning D9024 : unrecognized source file type '..\..\src\lookup.h', object file assumed
      cl : Command line warning D9027 : source file '..\..\src\lookup.h' ignored
      UDRGM_lookup.c
      # Generating udf_names.c because of makefile UDRGM_lookup.obj

Can you tell us if we need to change our scripts in order to read the header files?

I attach the whole TUI print as well as our case dat and UDFs.

Thank you very much for your help

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Staff aren't permitted to open or download files. If you recompile the code are there any errors? It's possible the headers were adjusted between versions so may no longer be recognised. If there are no errors what happens when you use the code?
    • fmazze
      Subscriber
      Hello Rob,

I have realized that anybody on the internet can download the file that I sent. Can you please eliminate it from the forum? Thank you.

If I recompile, there aren't errors, only the warning that I sent you. It seems that it doesn't recognise the header files
      The simulation then works, although some changes occurs if I run a previously converged simulation from the 2019 version. So I would like to be sure that these changes are not due to some misreading of the scripts or headers files.
      Thank you
      Best regards
      Federico
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.