May 6, 2021 at 7:01 amsoumyamuSubscriber
I have installed ansys 2021 R1 student version. Workbench is opening. But, not the mechanical apdl. While running mapdl product launcher, it does not show the ansys academic research among the license options. Hence I cannot select ansys academic research as the product license and run apdl. Kindly suggest me any solution.
Thanks in anticipation.May 6, 2021 at 11:53 amGeorge KarnosAnsys Employee
The Free Student version does not contain the Academic Research License.
If you have Academic Research licenses on a license server, you would need to download the Academic package from the ANSYS Customer portal and point the License Server specification to that server.
If you do not have Academic Research licenses, choose one of the available licenses from the drop-down list.
Best Regards Geo
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Error trying to solve with research license
- Getting error of “waiting for license server to respond”
- Fluent parametric sweep from workbench getting stuck
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop 2019 R2 and the new update of windows 10
- Facing issues with Microsoft MPI in ANSYS EDT HFSS 2020R2
- forrtl error 153 (no Aspen is used)
- “could not connect to the Ansys license server”
- Errors while running the HFSS 2023 on linux server
- License server error “Error: 1 licenses, unsupported by licensed server”
- Trying to solve model in Lsdyna extension but cannot get the workbench lsdyna on toolbar as shown.
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.