Ansys Products

Ansys Products

2021R1 license manager will work with both 2021R1 ansys and old ansys versions at the same time?

Tagged: 

• heechangna
      Subscriber
      I got a new license file for 2021R1, which doesn't have aa_r or aa_r_hpc.nThe license instruction document says that The 2021 R1 License Manager understands both new and old license files and is fully compatible with previous versions of Ansys back to release 17.0. But, it is not clear enough to me in case that we like to use 2021R1 ansys and other previous versions of Ansys at the same time.nSo, just the new 2021R1 license file will be enough for 2021R1 ansys and the previous versions?n(But, the new 2021R1 license file doesn't have aa_r or aa_r_hpc that required for previous version, right?)nOr, do we need to use both the new 2021R1 license file and the previous license file? n(But, the previous license file needs the interconnect port number, etc. Does the new license manager work both the new and old license files at the same time? )nOr, we should choose a single license file, and it won't support 2021R1 ansys and previous ansys versions at the same time? nAny comments would be very helpful!nThanks!!n-Heechangnn
    • DavidFray
      Subscriber
      I just switched license files to 2021 R1 today. Users who use to check out aa_r, now check out feature ansys. Those who checked out aa_r_hpc, now check out feature anshpc. This is all done automatically, behind the scenes without the end user knowing.n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.