Preprocessing

Preprocessing

27 nodes MESH ELEMENT

• ThePhontyfex
      Subscriber

Hi guys!

I wanted to ask if it is possible to make a mesh with cubic elements at 27 nodes. If I select "ELEMENT order = quadratic" the element has only 20 nodes. Thanks in advance for your reply!

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

by default we do not have any element in Mechanical that will have 27 cubes, I am also doubtful if one can write their own element with 27 nodes that solver will understand.

Can you explain your query in bit more details?

-Aniket

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

How to show full resolution image

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community

• ThePhontyfex
      Subscriber

I have to analyze simple geometries.  for example a beam.  the mesh divides the beam into elements that have the shape of a cube.  The nodes that have these cubes depend on "element order".  if I select "Linear" the cubes will have nodes only at the vertices, if I select "quadratic" in addition to the vertices, the cubes have nodes in the center of the segment (therefore they have 20 nodes).  I need these elements to have nodes also in the center of the faces and in the center of the cube itself.  to better explain myself I am attaching a drawing.

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

wouldn't the third case be the same or similar to using the linear element with half the size?

• ThePhontyfex
      Subscriber
      Yes, you're right! This can be a solution! Thank you!
      But, Sorry if I insist, Is not possible to do with the third case? because as you suggested the number of elements would become much larger
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.