3D Design

3D Design

2D Inflation in Spaceclaim Meshing

• rohant
      Subscriber

Hi, I am trying to use Spaceclaim meshing to get a 2D structured hex mesh for a fairly simple design loop design. The objective is to use this in Fluent, we need resolution near the wall because of turbulence modeling. I am able to easily get a structured mesh and change the cell distribution to mimic inflation layers - however when I try to add actual boundary layers the mesher is not able to add layers for the entire system. There are areas where the inflation layer region becomes very small, I am not sure why that is happening or how to fix it. If anyone has any advice or experience with this please let me know. 

This is a snap of the attempt with inflation layers: 

Here is the structured mesh with edge sizing we have tried (does not work well in Fluent with turbulence model):

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

With structured mesh it is alwasy recommended to go with edge meshing to get boundary layer in meshing. If you are using inflation then make sure that all edges are selected while defing inflation layer. Also please check if there are small edges where inflation is broken. 

Please go through help manual for more details 

Regards,

Keyur

How to access Ansys Online Help Document

Guidelines on the Student Community

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.