July 23, 2019 at 12:19 pm
July 23, 2019 at 3:38 pmRobAnsys Employee
What do you want to export? Geometry, data or images?
July 23, 2019 at 4:22 pmAniketAnsys Employee
If you want to export the results, you can create a construction geometry "Surface" https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v194/wb_sim/ds_surface_o_r.html
Easy way to create a Surface is the coordinate system at the desired location with XY plane coincident with the required section plane and then right-click on the coordinate system in the tree and insert a post-processing result scoped to the surface.
This way you can view the results on the section plane, you can also export it as stl or as a text file. Note that the STL will be exported with entire geometry+surface and it will be exported with the result scale
July 24, 2019 at 12:00 amSamarSubscriber
Geometry and data
July 24, 2019 at 12:32 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- how to improve the inflation quality at sharp corners?
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Meshing Error
- Error in meshing
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
- inflation created stairstep mesh at some location
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.