December 8, 2022 at 11:10 pmBaldwin NgoSubscriber
I have a 3D component that has been imported into a hybrid modal network HFSS design. When running the validate check, I receive this error:
ACIS entity check failed for part
Use Design Settings/Validation to relax ACIS entity checking or Modeler/Model Preparation/Heal to fix check errors
I can use Modeler -> Model Analysis -> Show Analysis Dialog -> Objects. I then do perform -> analyze objects on the part in question, and see the errors. Heal objects or delete does not work. The error is "Component part is not allowed for this operation"
However, I can bring out the 3D component to a separate file by right clicking the 3D component and "Edit Definition." This opens a new window with just the 3D component. When running the validate in this instance, the component passes, and going through Modeler -> Model Analysis -> Show Analysis Dialog -> Objects -> Perform -> Analyze Objects shows that the part is "Good"
December 21, 2022 at 12:56 pmPraneethAnsys Employee
Thank you for reaching to us and we appreciate your patience on this.
Are you certain that the ACIS entity check error is for the 3D component?
To troubleshoot the model, please follow these steps -
- Run the simulation model without the 3D component if possible and see if you are successful.
- Run the simulation model of the 3D component alone if possible and see if you are successful.
By this, you will come to know what is the issue.
January 5, 2023 at 7:15 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.