May 26, 2023 at 10:13 am
May 26, 2023 at 10:28 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
See the error (pivot and UZ ). SOmething is loose in the model. Are you using shared topology or contacts?
Can you show the modes and frequencies from the modal analysis (in there we can see the parts that are loose as they have rigid modes close to 0 Hz).
May 26, 2023 at 11:27 amAnand VSubscriber
In modal analysis I find that the frequencies at all modes are zero. I noticed it just now.
I can't make out anything being loose in the model. I have not used shared topology.
How do I check for a loose component if any in the model?
May 26, 2023 at 11:55 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
So the tube members are not connected to each other (very common issue).
See the mode shapes and they will be members that are loose so rigid body modes with 0 Hz will be visible.
On how to model frames see this nice video on how to model and solve frame structure.
All the best
May 27, 2023 at 9:15 amAnand VSubscriber
Thank you, Erik.
I used connect under shared topology and selected all the vertices. It worked !!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.