November 15, 2022 at 5:43 pmJoe MahoneySubscriber
Hi there,I want to implement the 4-level 2-electron model in VarFDTD to achieve saturable gain materials.I have looked at your microdisk example using the 4-level 2-electron model. As the structure I will simulate will be quite large, I want to use VarFDTD. I have recreated the microdisk example in VarFDTD but I cannot recreate the results. From what I can tell the simulation setup between the example script and my VarFDTD script are identical (except where certain features are not availabe in VarFDTD).Do you know if the 4-level 2-electron model can be implemented in VarFDTD? If it can would it be possible to have some help in understanding how to correctly implement the 4-level 2-electron model in VarFDTD?Kindest regards,Joe
November 16, 2022 at 12:16 amGuilin SunAnsys Employee
As far as I know, varFDTD is only for linear simulation, since the effective index it calculates does not count for nonlinear effect.
I suggest that you simplify the simulation in 2D FDTD from the effective index calculated in varFDTD and do the 2D FDTD simulation approximately.
November 16, 2022 at 10:29 amJoe MahoneySubscriber
Thank you for this. I expected this may be the case, and have already started working in 2D FDTD. Thank you again for your help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.