Fluids

Fluids

A coupled UDF-UDS reactive flow problem

• CFD_Guy
      Subscriber

Multiphase problem: (air, and resin or oil)

Energy Equation: On

Porous model is enabled.

Say we have a simple 2D rectangular shape.

I implemented a coupled UDF and UDS (DEFINE_PROPERTY, DEFINE_UDS_UNSTEADY,DEFINE_UDS_FLUX and DEFINE_SOURCE).

I have been working with UDF based flow problems, there was no issue. But this is my first time to use UDS with it. My code is compiled and runs ok, however the temperature is increasing with no stop, which is supposed to stop at some point and start to decrease.

I’m still confused about UDS inputs in cell zone, and boundary conditions in Fluent interface.

I want to solve the reaction rate of “ a reactive flow”, this means the viscosity will increase based on the temperature and cure, and result in exothermic and endothermic process.

Please suggest or answer the question in the attached pictures.

Thanks.

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello Here are answers to your question:
      Regarding the source: you should see another additional field called UDS source.
      Regarding the boundary condition input: Since you have 'Specified Flux' selected in the boundary condition, the value you are specifying is the flux of phi. If you wish to specify the value of phi, then you should toggle the field to 'Specified value'.
      Karthik
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.