General Mechanical

General Mechanical

a disk moving horizontally and then rotation

• MHZ
      Subscriber

Hello There,

Looking for a suggestion for the following movement: A disc move along X-Axis and then rotate along Y-Axis. How to setup the displacement in Ansys Mechanical in Workbench?

This is the moving part. There are some stationary parts [ hyperelastic material] as well. The horizontal move and rotation will cause stress change on the stationary parts. how to continuously simulate those two steps.

Thank you in advance.

MHZ

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Use a "dummy body" that has a Translational Joint to Ground. In the example below, I used a Beam element.
      Then put a Revolute joint between the "dummy body" and the solid cylinder.
      Use a Joint Load to move the translational joint along X. Note that you have to edit the Coordinate frame under the Translational Joint to get the X axis pointing in the direction you want.
      Use a Joint Load to rotate the disk about Y.

• MHZ
      Subscriber

Hello Peter I really appreciated you prepared and practiced the case in Ansys Workbench. I think it is really a good idea to use the dummy beam, which will make the rotation controlled much easier. I was puzzled earlier when I was preparing the case by the translation following by the rotation. It is applied at different steps. Now I think it might be able to achieve with multi-step loads settings. I had set the model and test the case now. I can come back to update tomorrow.
      Your approach provided the new reference coordinate moving with the translation and later on use the beam to rotate. This is what I need. Combining with the multi-step loads, I think I can achieve what I want to do. Thank you very much for the help.

Best regards
      MHZ

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.