August 23, 2018 at 4:13 amYanyaoSubscriber
I'm very new to fluent and UDF. Right now I'm working on a UDF, which is modified from 3D version to implement dynamic contact angle to wall adhesion. I think the compiling and loading is successful, however, after I click initialize I reveived following notice:
Error: received a fatal signal (Segmentation fault).
Error Object: #f
The case is 2d, dp, pressure-based, VOF, laminar, transient case, and it runs good without the UDF. I have attached my code here, any help will be greatly appreciated!
August 23, 2018 at 5:48 amDrAmineAnsys Employee
You need to completely restrict the UDF to 2D analysis. Look into Macros for Dealing with Two and Three Dimension of the customization manual to check RP_2D and RP_3D.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.