Preprocessing

Preprocessing

A question about ansys meshing sweep function

• Jayzee
      Subscriber

I model a sweepable model in spaceclaim and import into ansys meshing later. However, when I tried to use sweep function to create a sweeping meshing. However the sweep num div tab is gray which is inactive and can not to be edited.

However, when I went back to workbench and convert spaceclaim model in DesignModeler and import into ansys mesh again. It worked and I can edit that tab.

So is that some kind of bug in spaceclaim? or it is normal?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Can you post images of the geometry? Are any other volumes linked as sweepable is checked by the meshing tool and topology issues can cause problems.
    • Jayzee
      Subscriber
      Hi Rob The top image is simplified assembly model and below that is sweepable model. I think you are right. It's about topology issue. Cause when I deleted all the share topology feature and went to ansys model. It worked. However, when I set up some "share topology" feature. It doesn't work with sweep num div tab even though the topology shared is not about this sweepable model. So my following question will be how do you fix this issue? Thanks in advance.
      Best Jayzee
    • Jayzee
      Subscriber
      I think I solved it by creating a new component where I put the shared topology geometries. Thanks anyway.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Sweep has restrictions on number of source & target faces (1 at each end) and may need the source defining. In theory it's automatic, but with more complex shapes it doesn't always get it right. We did add in a multizone-sweep method but most meshing is now done with Fluent Meshing. The new approach is fine except for thin bodies, we're working on that.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.