November 29, 2022 at 10:24 amZhang HuiyuSubscriber
My example is a surface plasmon metamaterial absorber. During my simulation, if the simulation time is set slightly larger than the propagation distance /c*index, the simulation results are normal. However, when the time is increased to a larger amount, the numerical changes of the reflectance and refractive index will be very large, like the situation of noise. At this time, R+T> will appear at some wavelengths. 1 case. I found some information that the simulation time is too short, the result is not accurate, it needs to increase the simulation time, if the simulation time is too long, will it have an impact?
November 29, 2022 at 9:26 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
I am not sure how the refractive index also changes with simulation time.
In general, you will need the simulation run long enough to reach the preset autoshutoff min, which by fault is 1e-5. If the result is suspicious you may need to reduce it further. Please refer this post
R+T >1 can be due to a number of reasons:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.