September 4, 2019 at 2:26 am
September 4, 2019 at 5:35 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
There is more than one way to obtain this information, here is one way.
Insert a fixed joint in the Connection folder to connect the cylinder with the fixed tip of the gripper. Make sure the joint coordinate system is at the center of the cylinder. You can do that by picking the two ends of the cylinder as the Reference objects of the Fixed Joint, then pick the face of the fixed gripper as the Mobile side of the Fixed joint. This assumes the cylinder and fixed finger of the gripper are separate bodies and there is no bonded contact between them.
Define a Frictional Contact between the cylinder and the moving face of the gripper.
Insert a Joint Probe into the Solution and you can request the Total Force going through the Fixed Joint.
What are you using to move the moveable finger? A force or a displacement? Where is that applied?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.