A solver pivot warning or error has been detected in the ROTY degree of freedom of node 1760769 loca
February 8, 2022 at 7:02 amMahmoud_DarwishSubscriber
I face a problem with degree of freedom.
I have attached the file for your referenceFebruary 8, 2022 at 7:56 amRameez_ul_HaqSubscriber,a solver pivot error basically means that you don't have any resistance along one or more axis, either for translation or rotation (or both) for the structure. A static solver requires the system model to be constrained in all the directions, so that it can solve statically. Otherwise, the structure becomes dynamic upon application of loads and static solver is not capable of solving it.
Try to conduct a modal analysis first of this model. Plot the mode shapes which show zero (or near-zero) frequencies. In this way, you will understand in which directions the structure is undergoing a Rigid Body motion. Then try constraining the model in that direction (which essentially means providing a stiffness along those directions) and then re-conduct the analysis. It will then solve hopefully.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Large deflection
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags