Discovery Import

Discovery Import

About Graphics Card Comparison

• Ezgi YAPICI
      Subscriber

Hello,

I had a few questions about graphics card adequacy.

First of all, we use Discovery on two different computers.

Our first computer is a laptop and the card on it is NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB.
      Our second computer is the workstation and the card on it is NVIDIA Tesla V100S-PCIE-32 GB.

I ran the same two cases with Discovery Explore Mode and noted sizing values.
      While Tesla V100 hopes to see higher performance, when I change the fidelty settings in Explore Mode, I see that the sizing values are higher than the laptop in some cases.
      In this case, what should we pay attention to when choosing a GPU?

While the Tesla V100 is a 32GB card supported by Discovery, it performed the same as the GeForce RTX 2070 8GB. In some cases even worse.

For the sake of summary, I am sharing the table in which I read the min-ave-max sizing values with you.

I would be very happy if you could enlighten us with your comments.
      Thanks good work.

Regards.

Ezgi

• Devendra Badgujar
      Ansys Employee

Hi EzgiYapici

Let me check and get back to you.

• Devendra Badgujar
      Ansys Employee

Hi EzgiYapici

How are you calculating these min, average and max values? What does 'average' sizing value mean?

Please can you confirm if you are referring this sizing values as Fidelity slider values i.e min, middle (50%) and max (100%).

We need all the log files when running at the max fidelity in the two different scenarios. Make sure you are using the same version of Discovery in both. 

Please send the following '' logs '' folder. Type %temp% in Windows Search and locate Discovery folder and find the latest session. Then grab the entire “logs” folder within that session directory and send.

Regards.

• Devendra Badgujar
      Ansys Employee

Hi EzgiYapici

Could you please update me with this information to investigate it further?

Regards.

• Ezgi YAPICI
        Subscriber
        🛈 This post originally contained file attachments which have been removed in compliance with the updated Ansys Learning Forum Terms & Conditions

Hi Devendra Badgujar ,

Sorry for the late recycling.

First of all, I used the 2022 r1 version on both computers.

As an example, I am sharing the fidelty adjustments for the rim case visually in the appendix, the min, ave and max values represent these.

I was able to access the log files for my laptop, but they are quite a lot. I wasn't sure which one to send.

Since I do not have admin privileges in the cluster, I cannot access them.

I am attaching the last log file saved for the laptop to you.

Kind regards.

Ezgi.

• Devendra Badgujar
        Ansys Employee

EzgiYapici 

Thanks for your reply. The attached log file does not provide much information. We need all the log files when running at the max fidelity in the two different scenarios to investigate the issue.

Please run the simulations again in both the computers at maximum fidelity and then share the latest session logs.

We would need logs from both computers as it will help us to understand it better. If it possible please can you send the logs from the workstation too.

It seems like you are just moving the Fidelity slider to higher fidelity without entering any specific values and it might be that fidelity percentage might be different in both. What you can do is hover over the Fidelity slider and press the Spacebar on Keyboard and then manually enter the Fidelity values as 100%

Regards.

• Devendra Badgujar
      Ansys Employee

Hi EzgiYapici

Were you able to check with correct fidelity settings in both machines as mentioned in my previous reply?

Could you please update me on this to investigate it further.

Regards.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.