February 24, 2022 at 1:13 amzuoyandaoyingSubscriberFebruary 24, 2022 at 9:55 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeSince this is FDTD simulation, you can use a frequency-domain monitor above and below, then do a farfield projection: Understanding field polarization in far field projections
Please note that 2D FDTD means the 3rd dimension is infinite. But from your screenshot the 3rd dimension is very limited. so the actually true result of the device may be different from your 2d result.
February 25, 2022 at 1:56 amzuoyandaoyingSubscriberThanks for your solution. Could I ask again´╝ƒIt is 2D simulation because this structure is very small. And I am not sure about your "Please note that 2D FDTD means the 3rd dimension is infinite. But from your screenshot, the 3rd dimension is very limited "
If you can explain for me, I am very thankful for you.
February 25, 2022 at 5:37 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeePlease refer this article: Finite Difference Time Domain (FDTD) solver introduction
2D simulation has suppressed some field components whereas in your waveguide, the 3rd dimension, eg, zspan of the waveguide is about micron scale, which means it will confine the EM fields, and thus will have the full 6 EM fields. You can also check the mode profile: in 2D simulation the field intensity is a line, it means it duplicates infinitely in the 3rd dimension. In 3D, the E intensity of the mode will gradually decrease.
2D simulation means at any location of z, the device is the same. Obviously your device is not the case. right?
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.