May 19, 2023 at 3:34 amHAOYU LIUSubscriber
In the charge, I want to set to different dielectric materials in my structure, sillcon oxide and air, but with I set them together, there exists interface between them, it will go error. And I can only use one material, why? The dielectric material should not be meshed and if I only use sillcon oxide, there will have some surface recombination which shouldn't appear.
May 19, 2023 at 6:08 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Do they have contact with semiconductor materials, or no? If they have contacts with semiconductor, it should be no problem. When you use sillcon oxide, it has a contact with semiconductor, and the semiconductor can have surface recombination. If you believe it should not have, you can disable it.
May 20, 2023 at 4:35 pmHAOYU LIUSubscriber
Actually, I want to define two different dielectric materials in my model, they all have contacts with semicondutor and the two dielectric materials also have contacts with each other, but I can only define one dielectric material, if I want to define two it will go error. For the surface recombination they have different surface recombinations so if I only define one dielectric material it not right.
May 24, 2023 at 12:11 amGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Have you tried to disable the recombination? then what happens?
what is the error message and what are your settings? please give more details about the device. you can give some screenshots, or a graph showing the devide conficuration.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.