September 23, 2022 at 8:14 am2212296Subscriber
I'm working on a simulation model of transmission and reflection in metals and dielectrics at frequencies in THz or GHz (wavelengths in microns or millimeters).
The conductivity of metal aluminum (ring) is 3.65*10^7 S/m, how to set it? ? (Does dispersion need to be considered?)
Also, I guess the emulation memory is about tens of G?
Consider other ways to reduce memory and complete in less time?
Thank you very much for your reply.
September 23, 2022 at 9:12 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
For THz and GHz simulation please make sure that you set the simulation time long enough. The default 1000fs is for optical range. You can use a time monitor to check if the signal dies out at the end of simulation, terminated by the autoshutoff. You can check the log file and see the percentage. If it reaches 100%, you will need to increase the simulation time.
for metal, conductive material is dispersive even the conductivity is a constant:https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034394634-Standard-optical-permittivity-material-models-in-FDTD-and-MODE
from the Material database, simply add “conductive 3D” and input the conductivity:
Please make sure your data of conductivity has the desired unit, per ohms -meter or Simens per meter, not centimeter.
You can estimate the memory by checking it:
here is an example result:
It is possible to reduce the memory. However it will need to know your structure and what results do you need. Please check the memory and if there is any issue please write a new separate post.
September 24, 2022 at 1:03 am2212296Subscriber
Thanks for your reply, I will do it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.