March 1, 2023 at 11:19 amHAOYU LIUSubscriber
I want to test the photocurrent and bandwidth of my designed photodiode. When I use the charge part, the simulation is x from 0 to7μm
y from 0 to 7μm, z from -2 to 2μm. When I run the simulation, the mesh state is Tessellating 5% for a very long time. My structure needs to do the 3D simulation and how to solve this problem?
March 1, 2023 at 6:08 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Tessellating is to mesh the geometry for simulation. It might be slow if the mesh size is small, the goeometry is small, and the simulation volume is large. If there is a long and thin layer, the meshing can be challenge as it needs small mesh size and many tetrahedral grids. I would suggest to use larger "min edge lenegth" and "max edge length" first. Then you can add a constraint mesh for the small geometry.You may also relax the triangle quality.
March 2, 2023 at 5:40 amHAOYU LIUSubscriber
About relaxing the triangle quality, what does it means? And how to settting the constraint mesh for the whole simulation area?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.