TAGGED: inverse-design, photonics, topology-optimization
May 23, 2023 at 7:56 amberkay.neseliSubscriber
I have 2 questions related to topology optimization;
1) is it possible to use another source like gaussian or plane rather than mode source? if yes, how?
2)when I try to run an optimization which involves 2 different script files, because I have to use different source locations, I get the following error. how can I fix it?
May 29, 2023 at 9:29 pmTaylor RobertsonAnsys Employee
1) It is possible to use a Gaussian or plane wave source, but the figure of merit needs to be the power in mode. This is a bit of an aside, but the adjoint source needs to be a mode source, which is not fundamental to the adjoint method, but the way lumopt is implemented is limited to guided mode photonics.
2)I think when using co-optimization you can use two separate scripts if needed to create two different set-ups, or specify the sources separately.
To make two files with different set-ups simply pass differnt scripts to the opt class, using the script_name parameter, for the second use the source_name parameter.
May 31, 2023 at 8:36 amberkay.neseliSubscriber
Hello, thank you so much for your reply. The error I shared is solved I think but now I keep getting assertion error. What can be the reason for that? I couldn't find any source about it so I'd appreciate if you can help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.