January 31, 2023 at 2:16 pmKiliSubscriber
Hello everyone, I'm trying to calculate proximity losses in an inductor. I undersood that using a litz wire, we have to calculate the AC losses with StrandedLossAC. I would like to go further and understood what correspond to proximity effect and skin effect in this analysis. Is it possible to get a detail on ANSYS Maxwell of what are precisely the StrandedLossAC ? Thank you !
February 2, 2023 at 10:11 amNavya CAnsys Employee
StrandedLossAC includes DC losses and additional AC losses due to skin effect and proximity effect.
February 2, 2023 at 2:36 pmKiliSubscriber
Thank you for your answer, is it possible to get theses losses separately, DC on a graph, skin effect, proximity effect on 3 separated graphs ?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.