Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Academic Teaching License Error

• Phil J
      Subscriber

I have one student that is getting an error when trying to launch ANSYS.  It occurs with product launcher 19.1 or Workbench 19.1.  I have checked his license preferences and launch settings.  The license server is correct and the license preferences are correct.

Screen Shot of Error

• JakeC
      Ansys Employee

Please try deleting or renaming the %APPDATA%Ansys directory.  Then launch again.

If that doesn't work, please look in the Windows Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application and find the "error" line that is associated with the product launch.

Please paste in the details from that error.

Thank you,

Jake

• Phil J
      Subscriber

Hi Jake,

I just met with the student and logged on using his profile.  We went to the %appdata%Ansys directory and deleted it.  The same error occurs.  He is going to take your message to our IT department and look for the application logs.  I could not find it.  sorry.  Below is a snippet of what comes up in workbench.  We will let you know what our IT folks say.  Thank you very much.

launch error

• JakeC
      Ansys Employee

Hi jonespa87,

If you log in as a different account on that same machine, does it open properly?

Thank you,

Jake

• Phil J
      Subscriber

Hi Jake,

We have tried multiple computers in multiple labs.  Do you think a webex with the student would help?

I can give you his email address and you guys could try to pick a time.  That way you can see his screen.

Thanks,

Phil

• JakeC
      Ansys Employee

Hi jonespa87,

I would like to see the logs from the event viewer first if possible.

Also could you please send a screen shot of the tabs in dxdiag:

Start -> Type dxdiag.exe -> Click on dxdiag.

Thank you,

Jake

• JakeC
      Ansys Employee

HI jonespa87,

I would like to see the event viewer details first.

Also could you please run dxdiag and post screenshots of the tabs?

Start - Type dxdiag -> Click on DxDiag.

Thank you,

Jake

• Phil J
      Subscriber

You bet, Jake.  I already forwarded it to the student and our IT services.

Phil

• Phil J
      Subscriber

Good Morning Jake,

The student sent this to me last evening.  We appreciate your help.  I am giving an exam this week and he will need ANSYS.

Phil

Directx

• JakeC
      Ansys Employee

Hi Phil,

I need the "contents" of each of the tabs please.

Any word on the Event Viewer Logs?

Thank you,

Jake

• Phil J
      Subscriber

Jake, The student is able to run ANSYS successfully be renaming the v191 folder.

He has to go into the $APPDATA$ANSYS folder and rename the v191 folder for each computer he logs into.  For some reason his path has become corrupt.  Once he successfully launches ANSYS a new folder (v191) is written for that machine.

Thank you for your help.  I really appreciate your willingness to have a webex meeting with Andre and I.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.