General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Accelerating “model update” in workbench assembly

• Balachander R K
      Subscriber

Hi team,

I am trying to solve a system level model in which I use the “Workbench assembly and transfer settings” as shown below. The problem is it takes more than (4-5 hours) when I integrate two or more systems as shown in the below screenshot. In the attcahed screenshot, updating the cell O2 (Model), takes more 6--7 hours. I understand that many sliced bodies and many named selections in the individual cells could be a reason. Secondly my inference is that Ansys tries to renumber the mesh nodes each time when an attempt to update is made and this can also be a reason for the sluggish update. 

Is there a way to accelerate this process? How many cores does the update of individual row of the cells takes? Is it possible to increase the number of cores that this process takes. Please let me know with which this can be done.

Regards,

Balachander R K

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Is it possible to mesh the final model with fewer Mechanical Models? If you put all the geometry in 2 or 3 Mechanical Models, does that reduce time it takes to update to new geometry?

• Balachander R K
      Subscriber

Even if I do so it is the same case with respect to updation time. The slices which I do for hexahedral meshing will be on the higher side and the named selections created will also be on the higher side. The requirement is such that I have to mesh individual compoenents in individual mechanical cells so that my colleagues can use them in their models. My question is when the entire problem can get solved in 5-6 hours (offcourse in my powerfull machine), this transfer of model from the "mechanical model" to a physics cell (Static Structural) itself is taking more than 5-6 hours which is quite disappointing, as I have to wait for 6 hours for a small geometry change which I would be doing in any of the cells. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.