February 4, 2022 at 5:33 amgsabhishekSubscriber
I am solving a problem where a molten liquid is filling a cylindrical cavity. The molten liquid has a temperature profile along the radial direction.
I use dynamic meshed axisymmetric cylinder with the following boundaries,
1) "bottom" - wall
2) "radial_surface"- wall + deformable in dynamic mesh
3) "axis" - axis + deformable in dynamic mesh
4) "top" - velocity-inlet + UDF in dynamic mesh
Thread *tf = DT_THREAD(dt);
v = F_NODE(f,tf,n);
Here I would like to set a inlet profile for temperature. For that I can add the following
1) To get the cell thread adjacent to the face,
Thread *tc = THREAD_T0(tf);
2)Inside "begin_f_loop(f,tf)", we can get the cell index by
cell_t c = F_C0(f,tf);
3) This is where I am stuck as I can neither set C_T(c,tc) or F_T(f,tf). Accessing either gives segmentation fault. How do I proceed here?
AbhishekFebruary 9, 2022 at 6:36 pmKarthik RAdministratorHello I'm not sure I completely understand your question - but can you not use Fluent expressions for defining an Inlet Velocity profile?
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Floating point exception
- Exporting Data Results
Top Rated Tags