3D Design

3D Design

ACIS Entity check error in HFSS (RCS Analysis in HFSS)

• minkwoski1000
      Subscriber

Dear all,

I am currently working on DRONE RCS simulation in HFSS. Originally, my drone CAD model is an STL CAD file. First, I imported the drone SLT CAD model into SpaceClaim for splitting and healing. In SpaceClaim, I received warnings when I tried converting the large faceted bodies into full geometry. However, I went ahead to make the conversion since I had no option. After conversion to solid, I detached the model into components. Then, I healed the model and exported it into HFSS as '.sat' CAD file. When I validated the .sat CAD model in HFSS, I got several errors such as "ACIS Entity check error" and other ACIS errors. 

This got me wondering if I should ever import complex SLT CAD files into SpaceClaim since my goal is not 3D printing but RCS analysis in HFSS. I guess the complex SLT CAD model, which has so many faces, could be the cause of the problem. I am not sure about this issue. Therefore, I need help.

Also, is it better to import the drone model into SpaceClaim as a .dXF file instead of the SLT CAD? I cannot find the original CAD model in .sat or .sab file formats. Therefore, I have to make do with SLT files and convert them to .sat in SpaceClaim.

I am currently using  ANSYS Electronics desktop 2019 R3 (License from North Carolina State University). I have access to SpaceClaim 19.2.

I could not upload the drone SLT CAD. However, it can be downloaded from the link:

https://grabcad.com/library/dji-spark-3d-model-scale-1-1-1

Thank you.

My email: mcezuma@ncsu.edu

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.