Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Acoustic analysis

• Surya
      Subscriber

Hi 

I want to perform a acoustic modal analysis on a 2D area jump geometry (similar to backward facing step) for my student project to determine the eigen frequencies of the geometry. Later I want to extend this simulation by exciting the same geometry with an incident pressure pulse and analyse its response. In Ansys workbench, I found three different components: Harmonic acoustics, Modal acoustics and static acoustics. I am new to workbench and I am unable to differentiate them. Could you please explain the differences among the three mentioned products so that I can choose the correct product for my application?

Thank you

Regards

Surya

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Modal acoustics will provide you the eigen frequencies of the fluid geometry.

Harmonic acoustics is when you have a source with a sinusoidal output. The load is specified as an amplitude of the sinusoid. The analysis sweeps the frequency of the source over a specified range and you can see the amplitude and phase response in any part of the space.

Transient Structural is needed to see a single pressure pulse travel through the fluid.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.