November 3, 2022 at 9:37 pmMarcin KolonkoSubscriber
when carrying out the acoustic analysis, I cannot add any material other than air to my components. I am trying to do an acoustic analysis in a room and want to add a different material for walls, doors etc.
The following information appears when adding other material.
What am I doing wrong? How to change it?
Thank you for your help, best regards.
November 4, 2022 at 12:04 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
You must add the two material properties: Density and Speed of Sound, before you can assign that material to an Acoustics Region.
November 4, 2022 at 2:52 pmMarcin KolonkoSubscriber
Okay, where exactly can I do this?
November 4, 2022 at 7:03 pmErik KostsonAnsys Employee
So you should look at some tutorial for acoustics (see link below – in the first minute they define acoustic material properties and then assign them in mechanical to the acoustic regions) – also look at the mechanical getting started course to understand and learn how to use ansys mechanical. Doors and walls are structural regions and need say material properties for structures (say structural steel)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.