Fluids

Fluids

Acoustic Cavitation Bubble

• sherifrashwan247
      Subscriber

How I can define bubbles in the geometry domain? 

How i can simulate the acoustic cavitation bubble?

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

You may want to look at following

• sherifrashwan247
      Subscriber

@kkanade

Thank you very much for the video, my question is that: should i define a spherical bubble in the geometry or it should be created on its own through simulation? 

Yours Sincerely,

Sherif 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

You can define bubble dia in Fluent. No need to create it in geometry. 

• sherifrashwan247
      Subscriber

The goal is to model cavitation generated using a horn that vibrates in a bath of liquid and calculate the maximum collapse pressure produced. 

I dont know how to enable the acoustic model and how to specify the boundary conditions? 

The geometry is very simple 2D  with one side oscillating by a certain frequency? should i apply the same model in the video while enabling the acoustic model as well? what do you kindly recommend? 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You will need to go 3d, use high resolution mesh of LES or better quality to get a well resolved pressure field to accurately describe cavitation and use a scheme to track the interface.

• sherifrashwan247
      Subscriber

hi Sir, thanks do you have a sort of steps to follow to setup the model please? 

Yours Sincerely,

Sherif

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You might find some scientific papers dealing with it. You will see that some them are just using URANS approaches which might be considered as first step for very detailed analysis 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      CFD Modeling of Low, Medium and High Frequency Ultrasound Waves Propagation Inside a Liquid Medium as example. Good luck
    • sherifrashwan247
      Subscriber

Is that a publication? Can you please attach the link because i can not find it online? 

Yours Sincerely,

Sherif 

• sherifrashwan247
      Subscriber

how to specify a free surface boundary condition? Is that a wall or something different? 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Free slip wall as general simplification.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Yes publication. I do not share papers here. 

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.