General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Acoustic harmonic analysis

• huan_mario
      Subscriber

My goal is to perform acoustic harmonic analysis on 3d scanned object that I've managed to clean up and convert to solid.

I don't know much about accoustic, I just need accoustic pressure on the surface of this object. I was following this youtube tutorial but I got stucked.

","embedType":"youtube","name":"Harmonic Acoustics analysis on ANSYS R19.2","frameSrc":"https://www.youtube.com/embed/H4xuNbI6yZg?feature=oembed&autoplay=1"}">
      ">
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      Hello Friend, its because probably you select the wrong bodies surfaces. For fluid solid interface you have to select all surfaces in acoustic region body which are in contact with non- accoustic domain bodies. In case of mass source its the same solution - you must select domain faces, not the non-accoustic face (hide some bodies to fulfill this requirements). I will try to help if you have still problems. n
    • huan_mario
      Subscriber
      Thank you very much, it worked. Another error occured though with the solution, I've attached the screenshotnnn
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      Okay, please go to Solution Information, then in the Details of window set Solution Output to Solver Output. In the output file search for error and copy here all messages related with errors.n
    • huan_mario
      Subscriber
      This is what I've foundn *** WARNING *** CP = 0.688 TIME= 14:33:10n Element shape checking is currently inactive. Issue SHPP,ON or n SHPP,WARN to reactivate, if desired. nn *** WARNING *** CP = 0.719 TIME= 14:33:10n No constraints have been defined using the D command. nn *** WARNING *** CP = 1.422 TIME= 14:33:11n Contact element 10137 has extra DOF UX (and possibly others) that does n not belong to underlying base element 1184. Similar errors may exist n elsewhere, but checking for this is discontinued. nn *** WARNING *** CP = 1.422 TIME= 14:33:11n Contact element 10137 is missing DOF PRES (and possibly others) of n underlying base element 1184. Similar mismatches may exist elsewhere, n but checking for this is discontinued. nn *WARNING*: The geometric gap/penetration may be too large. Increase n pinball radius if it is a true geometric gap/penetration. Decrease n pinball if it is a false one. n n *WARNING*: The initial penetration/gap is detected which may cause n accuracy issues when projection contact is used. Switch to other n contact detection options or you may use the CNCHECK,ADJUST/MORPH n command to move the contact nodes towards the target surface. nn
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      Okay, but these are warning messages, not errors. You should check for errors. Maybe you cannot run analysis because of your academic version, i.e. you have to many nodes in your system? I can send you analysis file if you still have problems.n
    • huan_mario
      Subscriber
      I couldn't find anything about errors in therenI keep mesh elements below the limit, so it's probably not itnWhat do you mean by sending analysis file?nThank you kindly for your time sirnI have attached the information I got from solver in .txt if you'd like to see what's in therenn
    • huan_mario
      Subscriber
      Hmm, I couldn't find any errors noticed in this section, I even browsed some reports generated by ANSYS in project foldernI keep the mesh nodes number below the limit so it doesn't seem to be problemnWhat do you mean by sending analysis file?nThank you kindly for your time sirn
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      No problem. You can export your analysis file -> in mechanical go to File - Export and choose .mechdat. Then attach here this file. I hope it will not be very big. I will check it and maybe find what causes problem.n
    • huan_mario
      Subscriber
      Okay, I've attached it in .rarnn
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      Could you please give me a contact mail? I can help you better, because I suppose you are from PL (me too). It will be much easier to explain everything. n
    • huan_mario
      Subscriber
      huan.mario11@gmail.comn
    • huan_mario
      Subscriber
      Hmm, I couldn't find errors, I've pasted whole text in the link belownhttps://pastebin.pl/view/5b9ca668nI keep the mesh nodes number below the limit so it doesn't seem to be problemnWhat do you mean by sending analysis file?nThank you kindly for your time friendn
    • Engy
      Subscriber
      Hi everyone,nI am modeling a piezoelectric transducer using ANSYS workbench; but I have a problem in solving the harmonic analysis step.nI don't know what is the mistake in my modelnso anyone can help here ?nI can send the model my email.n
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.