August 8, 2019 at 1:39 amVigneshSSubscriber
I am currently working in effect of internal flow on acoustics (frequency response and transmission loss). I simulated mean flow effect in the muffler, the tutorial provided in ANSYS APDL Acoustic validation file. The result agrees well with the reference solution.
Similarly, I tried to simulate the Helmholtz resonator case (geometry file is attached below), the maximum transmission loss frequency is matching for Mach Number 0 (i.e., No mean flow). But the result is not matching for with mean flow effect case.
I have done a detailed literature study about the mean flow effect in Helmholtz resonator. Both experimental and numerical results prove that 'when the mean flow effect (Mach Number) increases the resonant frequency will change and the maximum transmission loss will decrease'.
Where can I find details about adding mean flow effect? Any other tutorial?
More details about command:
how to model mean flow effect in Helmholtz Resonator using APDL-ACT?
if anyone can explain how to model this case in ANSYS acoustics I will be thankful.
For more information about result attached below, please refer " Emel Selamet et al., Effect of Flow on Helmholtz Resonator Acoustics: A Three-Dimensional Computational Study vs. Experiments", SAE International, 2011.
December 22, 2019 at 8:15 amomerfrkunlSubscriber
I am working on the same case with Acoustic ACT and I have the same problem. Any progress your working on? Do you handle the problem?
December 22, 2019 at 12:10 pmVigneshSSubscriber
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.