July 9, 2019 at 7:56 pmmeneSubscriber
Good day to all
I am trying to simulate a composite structure comprised by a plate with top hat stiffeners and some solids using ACP. However when I transfer through workbench the data to the static structural in order to solve, the plies I created and assigned on the oriented selection sets in ACP are assigned to random elements and not where I assigned them.
Does anybody have any idea why this might be happening?
I have also attached the zipped .wbjd file in case someone wants to take a look
July 10, 2019 at 1:06 pm
July 10, 2019 at 1:15 pmmeneSubscriber
Thank you for your reply
The problematic module is "D". Please see attached
July 10, 2019 at 2:42 pmWenlongAnsys Employee
The issue happens when you include solids in your composite creation in ACP(Pre). You want to make sure there are shells only in the model of ACP(Pre).
To include solid in the final model, you can create another mechanical module, import the same geometry, and suppress all the shells.
Hope this helps.
July 11, 2019 at 12:14 pmmeneSubscriber
I will look into it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.