August 2, 2018 at 10:30 pmMaxwellSubscriber
I am currently writing an automated simulation process with ACT
and need to set up a cotact pressure solution with the contact tool.
But from all my contact regions I just want one to be automatically selected.
While adding the contact tool or solutions for the tool are not a problem,
I was looking for hours to find a way to just activate one of the contacts
but couldn't get anything to work yet.
The ContactTool.Location returns a Worksheet object, but whenever I want to
try to add or delete rows in it, or activate parts of it, it just returns an
"Reference is not set to an instance of an object" error.
Can anyone explain how to choose contacts in the contact tool using ACT?
August 3, 2018 at 2:20 pmMaxwellSubscriber
I finally found a possible solution. If anyoneone else experience this problem:
Connections = ExtAPI.DataModel.Project.Model.Connections
ContactNumber = Connections.Children.Children.Count
for i in range(ContactNumber):
if Connections.Children.Children[j].Name != "I_want_to_keep_this":
August 6, 2018 at 7:09 pmAniketAnsys Employee
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.