Ansys Gateway powered by AWS

Ansys Gateway powered by AWS

Active Directory groups aren’t being installed as advised in the instructions

• Bob Moore
      Subscriber

I am trying to set up Ansys Gateway.  When I run this command (not actual credentials) it works with no errors. 

.\install.ps1 -username "domainjoin@company.com" -password "agw123" -thumbprint
      "b6f70dc3dd82791ece744ec67c34eb92cbbe97e0"

I have confirmed the service Ansys.Gateway.AdConnector is installed and running. Then it says the below, however in my OU there aren't any groups created.

"On the server hosting Active Directory, navigate to the Organization Unit (OU) that you created for
      Ansys Gateway and confirm that two Security Groups were created. Their names will be similar to the
      following:
      AGW_Tenant_Admins_123456789012
      AGW_Tenant_Users_123456789012"

Here is what I see: 

When I go to the next page, I get the following error:

I created the Active Directory from scratch, and the only user I have is the Domain Joiner above. Is that the issue, or is there some other problem,

• Francis Poussin
      Ansys Employee

The problem was caused by lack of admin permissions on the Active Directory for the user.

The following error can be seen in the logs under C:\ProgramData\Ansys\Gateway  (note that this can be a hidden directory and you may need to slect the option to show hidden directories under the file explorer).

In you encountered this issue, contact Ansys to get the instructions to create the two admin groups manually (unique IDs will be provided by Ansys).

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Active Directory groups aren’t being installed as advised in the instructions’ is closed to new replies.