Fluids

Fluids

adapted region not patching

• Hilary Egglestone
      Subscriber

Hi All, 

I am having trouble patching water into a region I created. I have performed the patch, but when I create the countour of phase, there is no water present! 

Adapted region:

Patch: 

Contour: 

what am I doing wrong? I feel like I am missing somthing basic. Thanks in advance for any help!

• SRP
      Subscriber

Hi,

I suggest you to refer to this tutorial: Chapter 24: Using the Eulerian Granular Multiphase Model with Heat Transfer (ansys.com)

If you are not able to access the link, please refer to this forum discussion: Using Help with links (ansys.com)

Thank you

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Odd, can you confirm you initialised, then patched? In 2d you shouldn't need to select any surfaces in the Contour panel, if Fluent picks anything then let it! 

• Hilary Egglestone
      Subscriber

SRP - thank you for the resources. 

Rob - confirmed! It is initialized first, then patched. Then, I went into the contour graphic settings and hit "display" to ensure it was displaying the latest information. Any ideas? 

• Prashanth
      Ansys Employee

You can also try initializing and patching the region without Patch reconstructed interface setting. It might not be suitable for patching certain regions.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

How many phases are there? 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Check if for the region the extents are well defined say starting point coordinates are < end point coordinates. That is required for reconstructed patching. Does it work without reconstructed patching?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.