July 10, 2020 at 10:23 pmhnorthrupSubscriber
Is there a way to add edges to an imported geometry in either SpaceClaim or Mechanical? I need to add an edge to the very end of my geometry so that I can add fixed supports in Mechanical. Right now my entire geometry is one Face so when I go to add a fixed support it adds it to the entire geometry, but I only want the ends fixed, not the entire geometry. I have attached a screenshot of the end of my geometry in Mechanical.
July 11, 2020 at 2:23 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
In SpaceClaim, if that shows up as a Faceted body, then right click on the body in the Outline and choose Convert so that it becomes a surface.
July 12, 2020 at 4:10 am
July 13, 2020 at 5:00 am
July 20, 2020 at 3:36 pmhnorthrupSubscriber
I was able to add edges by drawing a circle on the ends.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- unable to open files in ansys
- How to move duplicated ansys project position in workbench GUI
- Download MATLAB toolbox AnsysAAS
- An unknown error with memory occurred during solution.
- Error: Unable to open some designs in this project – Corrupted project files
- Desginpoints in Ansys 18.2 workbench got stuck at the stage of updating model in static structural
- Ansys solving system coupling problems on a remote cluster does not provide constant results.
- ANSYS Multi field 2-way FSI data coupling issue
- Material constant Damping calculation
- Different initial temperature conditions for two different object in transient-thermal
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.